To make yourself visible to search engines you must first understand how do the work.. So now I will explain the working of a search engine.
How do search engine work?
Search engine work on few aspects
1. Crawling and indexingImagine the World Wide Web is a network of computer. Each computer has its own documents and files. And there are billions of computers. The search engines crawl the entire network for this basic purpose links are used which simplify their work.
Through links search engine automated robots called crawlers and spiders reach the billions of inter connected documents.
Once pages are found by engine it is prepared and stored the data in massive hard drives and to be provided when searched in query.
For this purpose of providing the data as soon as possible large data storage places are placed in big cities all over world.
When a person searches for something online in search engine query box search engine starts to crawl through billions of documents and do two things-
1. Return with those result which are relevant or useful to search query.
2. Rank those result in order of perceived value.
This both things are improved with the help of optimization.
For Search engine- relevance means having a page with the words you searched for…… This was followed earlier and this search result was imbalanced. But today the smart engineers of various engines derived a better ways to find valuable result. and now lots of factors influence relevance, many of which we will try to discus in this guide.
Currently the major engines typically interpret importance as popularity. The more popular a site, page or blog may be more valuable will be the content.
There are great misconceptions about popularity and relevance, both are not determined manually. As everything is possible with help of mathematical calculation and algorithms to sort best amongst the best.
How to improve above aspects?
Many factors influence whether a particular website appears in web search result and where it falls in the ranking.
Google engineers recommend the following factors
- The number of other sites linking to it.
- The content of page.
- The update made to indices.
- The testing of new product version.
- The discovery of additional sites.
- Changes to search algorithm.
While Bing engineers recommend the following
- In the seen page text include those words, user might search query terms to find, information on your site.
- Limit all pages to reasonable size of up to 500kb without picture.
- Make sure that each page is accessible by at least one static text link.
- Don’t put text inside image which should be indexed...