Amazon

Search in HRJ Tricks

Ad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 13, 2014

‘Don’t Pause’ For Android Automatically Mutes Notifications While You’re Listening To Music

Being an audiophile, I spend a large chunk of time listening to songs on my Android phone, but after trying out a boatload of music players, both paid and free, on the Play Store, I’m yet to come across one that let me mute those darn notification sounds during my favorite parts of a song. For those new to the platform, on Android, if you get a text message or email while you’re listening to music, the OS automatically pauses it for a few seconds, plays the notification sound. and then resumes audio playback. Though it you don’t miss an alert, it isn’t ideal for uninterrupted music playback. Today, I stumbled upon an app called Don’t Pause that happens to be quite a great workaround for this problem...
Don’t Pause is a free app that can automatically put your phone on vibrate mode when you’re playing music, and back to normal settings when you have stopped the playback. In can be enabled and disable on the fly, and boasts a dead simple interface. Continue reading past the jump for more details.
The app isn’t exactly the first of its kind. Back in January, I covered a similar application labeled Shush, which can also switch your phone to silent mode when you’re using it, and back, when you put in your pocket. Don’t Pause is a minimal alternative to Shush with focus on audio playback. The developer, too, acknowledges taking inspiration from Shush when creating Don’t Pause.
Don't Pause Don't Pause_Start

When enabled, Don’t Pause quietly sits in the background, muting all incoming notifications for you as long as music is being played. Unlike other similar apps, this one doesn’t require any configuration. All you have to do is tap the green start button at the bottom of its interface and it’ll take care of the rest.
The app is available for free on the Google Play Store. Download it to your device from the link provided below.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome things here. I am very happy to peer your post.
    Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to contact you.
    Will you kindly drop me a mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heƴa i'm for the first time here. I found thus board aand I find It truly useful & it helped mе out a lοt.
    I hope to give something back and aid оtherѕ like you аideԁ
    me.

    Feell fгee to surf to my weƅ blog: how to download curse client

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing
    your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing for your feed and I hope
    you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different
    subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design.
    Wonderful choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is one of the so much vital info for me.
    And i'm satisfied studying your article.

    However wanna statement on some general issues, The site style is great, the articles is really nice : D.
    Excellent process, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to
    give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading through your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that
    go over the same topics? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete